Sunday, February 18, 2007

I told you this stitched up quick!


I've now finished the front portion. Now I'm on to the bits for the middle. They are mainly repeats of this main pattern.


I've just realised I haven't actually told you what this piece is! It's Her Necessaire by Merry Cox. It consists of a drawstring bag with this section of needlework on the front. Inside is a box with a "necessaire" which has places for scissors, pins, needles, pencil and an "aide memoire" which is basically note paper! I took the class at the SB retreat in Utah in 2004. I really wanted to do a Merry Cox class so I gave up the SB class for it.

9 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Ooh, that's very pretty, Alison. Great work!

Anonymous said...

Love the stitch on the front of her skirt - it adds such interesting texture. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Wow! That did go fast :) What a pretty piece!

Anonymous said...

Blimey! That WAS fast. Very pretty.

Anonymous said...

Just beautiful! She's one of my fave designers.

Anonymous said...

Very pretty, Alison!

Anonymous said...

Goodness, it's beautiful!!
Love the dress.

Anonymous said...

That's looking great Alison!

Anonymous said...

I've been doing this one too, Alison! You are a little further along than me. I just have to do the basket.....It does look great, though!