I've decided the stitch the border as I go on this one. I suspect otherwise, it will end up blocking me and become a languishing UFO in my drawer. I have yet to do the backstitched outer border as I'm still considering just exactly where to start it! The border didn't take as long as I thought so now I'm back to the middle bit again.
WIPocalypse – July 2026
1 week ago



7 readers had something to say:
That is very pretty, Alison!
Oh Alison! This is so soft and pretty!
This looks lovely, Alison! I'm going in search of a picture of the entire thing. You've made me curious!
Beautiful Alison! This is definitely on my to do one day list! :)
It makes me want to get mine out and start it. Absolutely gorgeous
It's beautiful! I really love that border.
Hi Alison - I"m doing this one too and have just finished the blackwork band beneath the drawn thread areas. You will need to complete those bands (5 and 7 I think) before you stitch the border as you withdraw threads and reweave some :) I thought about stitching the broder as I went too but I am going to use a pearl thread for the whitework border rather than two threads of silk....I think....
Keep up the good work - it really is a lovely piece ;) I am enjoying it.
Post a Comment