Saturday, July 21, 2007

An oldie but a goodie

Maybe the subtitle for this post should be "I haven't got much to show" LOL.



I'm currently working on two exchange pieces and as the recipients read this blog, I can't show you what they look like. But in the meantime, I've also started Yuletide Sampler by SB which is the companion to Wintertide Sampler that I stitched many moons ago. I can't recall exactly when but I know it was prior to the birth of DD (& she's now 12.5!!!). The copyright date on Yuletide is 1992 and as I can't find the Wintertide chart and I don't know which one came out first, I can only assume I stitched this sometime in 1992-93. I knew there was a reason that I now keep a journal!! So here is Wintertide...it's stitched on white linen with AVAS silks.




Here is my WIP Yuletide Sampler, although I haven't done much. The fabric looks blue in these pics but it's antique white.

3 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Alison, Wintertide is beautiful, and so is your start on Yuletide! I bet it's going to be a fun stitch! :)

Anonymous said...

I love the lettering on Yuletide.

Anonymous said...

It's beautiful, Alison, and Yuletide will be a lovely companion piece. I can't wait to see more progress pictures on that!