I know it's been a while since I posted but I actually have been stitching! Yes, a miracle. The convention was fabulous and then I stayed with my friend Janine in Perth for a couple of days. We had a stitchy GTG while I was there too and it was great to catch up with the Perth girls. Haven't seen them for...hmmm...18 months? So I have lots of pics to share here with you all.
If you want to read a review of the convention, try my sewing blog at nosilasews.blogspot.com. There are pics & everything LOL!
First up, a pic of the gals & me in Perth.
We had the most divine strawberries with decadent choccy.
This was the view out of the plane window as I left. I was trying to get a decent pic of the city but failed miserably LOL.
So...onto the stitchy pics & some ramblings. My 2009 JCS ornament issue was waiting for me when I got home. I've started the SB ornie. It appears to match & rhyme with last years. Anyone know if there's gonna be another set? Maybe I will email them. Speaking of emailing....I emailed Blackbird the other day cos their ornie appears to have an error. They list a Crescent Colour thread called Buttercrunch. So I go searching through my stash (& don't forget that I have ALL the CCs LOL). No Buttercrunch. I'm thinking it doesn't sound familiar to me as a CC colour. So...onto the internet. Nothing at CC's website. I go to Needle in a Haystack & search for the colour name. Hmm..it's a GAST. So I email Blackbird for clarification. That was a week ago. No reply. I know they've been on-line cos they've updated their blog!!! It just annoys me when people don't reply to emails. (end of rant). Oh & one other thing re the JCS. Is it just me or does anyone else think that the Midsummer Nights Designs ornie is very like Shepherd's Bush??? In fact, I'm thinking EXACTLY like the sheepie that's on top of one of their designs. Hmmm.
I stitched this quickie up recently as I'm very behind on my ornament stitching.

Remember how I said I was gonna start the Lizzie Kate Christmas double flip its? I took it to Perth & stitched it on the plane there & back. Here's my WIP.
The other day I finished stitching the Happy Pumpkin fob by SB so I figured that since I had 2 fobs to finished properly, I'd better get my a into gear & just do it. So this morning I finished them both.
2009 Scissor Fob
Designer: Shepherd's Bush
Fabric: 30ct Sea Foam linen
Threads: WDW, DMC


Happy Pumpkin Needle Roll
Designer: Shepherd's Bush
Fabric: 28ct Lime linen
Threads: DMC & WDW
Last but not least, I had another parcel waiting for me when I got home from Perth. I'd ordered a Vera Bradley bag from the Silver Needle. Oh mama! It's a beauty & so big...it almost fits my macbook in it! Cathy Lloyd, look away now or you will be tempted! It's Vera's Mailbag in Purple Punch. Gorgeous.






11 readers had something to say:
So good to see you back. Thought you had really disappeared.
Great catch up Alison
EVIL!!!! I LOVE that VB bag! I could use a laptop case...humm...you are so evil to get me thinking about that...I wouldn't even have to order it...just go to the nearest store...
All your stitching is divine! Gotta go look at the ornie issue again!
Oh...I see what you mean on the sheepie...
GF...you are looking just marvelous in your picture! Keep up the great work!q
Glad your trip was so fun! You got a lot accomplished and your SB finishes are really sweet.
Sounds like a great trip you had. And your stitching and finishing -- lovely! I really need to stitch up some of these SB fobs I have -- you're an inspiration! As for the VB bag -- here I thought I wasn't into that particular colorway. I love it! Congrats on the new bag!
Great to see you back again - sounds like the Perth visit was fun! :) Love all the latest fob finishes and the Xmas WIP looks awesome! Makes me tempted to do that one when my Boo Club is finished ... hmmm ;) Awesome VB bag too - I've been tempted a few times on SN's website, but haven't succumbed to the temptation ... yet :D
Nice to see a post from you! I was beginning to wonder where you were! Congrats on the finishes they look great and you are making nice progress on your LK piece too! Perth girls look good, bet you had a blast with them.
I haven't picked up my JCS ornament issue yet, but now that you've reminded that it's that time of year again, I will look into getting it this week.
I also hate it when you don't get a reply from a business, any business. To be charitable, maybe your email went to their junk mail filter (but then, a good business should check their junk mail filter & make sure no customer emails have ended up there in accident).
Great job on your stitching Miss Alison. And I see Cathy is ready to shop for the VB bag!! Bet she has it the next time I see her. Have a great stitching week!! Hugs
I LOVE that VB print! I actually ordered a new VB Miller bag this morning in the Frankly Scarlet print. I got a hideously wonderful deal on it. It was originally $84US, but I only paid $29US. w00t!!
can you tell me what the name of the fob with the aqua fabric is? I've got to get that pattern, and the fabric too?! Love it! sara
Post a Comment