Friday, October 8, 2010

Trip to New Zealand!

Last weekend I made a little trip over the pond to New Zealand to meet Kath who I have known on the net for 10 years or so. We were supposed to go to the SB retreat this year but Kath built a house so couldn't go. Then we decided that we just had to meet in real life and thus my trip.

I'm not sure where to start. Kath & I got on really well (which is always a relief LOL) and once we found one another at the thriving airport known as Napier, off we went to her place. Her new house is just gorgeous and I'd love to have it! Here's a quick pic of part of the lounge and the kitchen.


And this is her cat, Zeus who was very friendly and a gorgeous boy.


I arrived fairly late on Thursday night so we exchanged gifts, chatted a bit and went to bed. Here's what I made for Kath.







Friend So Dear Pinkeep
Designer: Merry Cox


Here's what she gave me.



What a sweetheart! She got me an SB kit and when she ordered it from SB, told them it was for my birthday and the lovely girls there sent both Kath & I one of their pins. Love it!



Kath also stitched me this beautiful scissor pocket and gave me some scissors which are currently in the post as I only took carry on. 




On Friday, Kath took me shopping. We went to a stitching store and I actually purchased something.



We also went clothes shopping and I got a top which was nice. The clothes shopping in NZ is much cheaper than here in Australia and even better with the exchange rate - $1.30 AU to $1 NZ. We had ice cream (hokey pokey!!!) and a lovely lunch (eggs benedict).

Saturday was spent at home stitching and I even managed to stitch on Earth Gatherers AND An Open Heart. Although I did have a small problem with the latter when I cut the wrong linen threads. ooops!

I had picked up a couple of bottles of wine at the duty free on my way through and we polished them off in 3 nights. The wine had nothing to do with my snipping the wrong threads on Open Heart.


We realised we hadn't taken any pics of us together so I set up the camera on auto timer. The result is not the best but here are our heads.



When Kath took me to the airport on Monday, we found a willing victim to take another photo of us. I'm wearing the top I bought in NZ and behind us is the tiny plane I went on.


Here's another nice shot of Kath.


And a better one of the plane.


It was a lovely weekend and I was so lucky to be able to travel over to NZ & meet Kath. We had a great time and I'm sure we will meet again.

7 readers had something to say:

cathymk said...

Sounds like a wonderful trip!

Sharon said...

What a wonderful trip and your new top is very nice.

Cathy Lloyd said...

Wow! Looks like you 2 had a fabulous time! Kath's house looks so nice. Glad to see that she could build one for herself after all the building and moving she'd done with the ex! Stitching with friends is always the best! How long did it take to fly from Oz to NZ? Glad you're back home safe!

Unknown said...

God, I look like ten ton tessie in the photos standing with the beautiful svelte Alison. We did have a nice time together, laughed at much the same things and when the scissors went snip in the wtong place, I culd have been sick. And most of the stitching I did while Alison was here I had to frog. Seems my eyes are not what they were. Or was it the wine?!!!

Amanda said...

Looks like you pair had a great time together!

Brigitte said...

You two seem to have spent a great time together.

Melissa said...

It looks like you ladies had a wonderful visit! I'm glad you had such a lovely trip, Alison. :)