Sunday, February 6, 2011

Hang on to your hats

Holly & Berries
Little House Needleworks
Fabric: 32ct Dirty linen
Thread: DMC
Started: who knows
Finished: 5 Feb 2011

It's another finish! I went to a GTG yesterday at Amanda's with Karen, Row, Sophia & Anne. I took my camera but it never made it out of the bag. However, we stitched! This is a strange event for us....we never stitch at GTGs. Normally we roll in other people's stash & do show & tell. Well, we still did that but stitching occurred as well. So luckily I had this piece in my show & tell bag. I made a mistake on it and was totally blocked about finishing. But it didn't need much so Amanda gave me DMC floss & off I went. Finished by 5.30pm. :)

It's been horrendously hot here for the past week. In fact, a record for Sydney. 7 days over 30C in the city & much more out here in the burbs. Last night was the worst. 36C at midnight. I'm sitting here waiting for the much touted cool change to arrive, something's going on cos the wind has picked up and a few spots of rain are happening. Please come soon coolness!

Actually my wishing for coolness is a tad ironic when I will be flying to the US in a little under 3 weeks. Soon I will be swanning around in Portland & Seattle in 6C coolness, probably freezing my bit fat butt off. LOL. But I think I can cope. ;)


7 readers had something to say:

Sharon said...

Very cute and yes it has been blistering hot.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Congratulations on your finish, Alison.

Yes, you should definitely be careful what you wish for with the weather!

I can't believe you will be in the US in just 3 weeks. I'm sad that you won't be coming to Texas, though :(

Melissa said...

Cute finish! Can't wait to see you soon!!!

cathymk said...

Nice finish!

I'm so jealous - I'm sure you'll have a terrific holiday.

Deb said...

Very sweet finish and I hope that it cools down for you soon. You could always send the heat up this way - it's been absolutely freezing here.

susan said...

I'm glad you were spurred into finishing this Alison. I envy you your GTG. Next time say hi to everyone for me. Did you discuss a potential Sydney GTG for 2011?
My daughter has been filming all last week at Parramatta and she had great complaints about the heat. I'm glad the weather has settled down. We now have raging winds fanning raging bushfires in Perth suburbs. Crazy!!!!
Have a great time in the US.

Susan.

Amanda said...

Congrats on the finish Alison! Don't know if I said that while you were at my place!

Have a great trip to the US!