Saturday, July 9, 2011

Who would've thought??

I've got a finish! I started this ornament sometime in December last year so it's been a while as a WIP. I stitched it on 36 count and it almost did my head in. This morning, after not stitching for weeks, I picked it up & realised it didn't have much to go so I watched Midsomer Murders that I'd taped and finished it up. Happy dance!


In other news, I found my SB retreat magnet from 2004! It went missing ages ago...I'm talking years. I think my Burmese cat played with it & it disappeared, along with another one that I can't even remember what it looked like! Anyway, I tipped my stitching chair up to find something else, noticed a whole lot of dust, vaccumed it away, found some DMC, LOL and finally discovered this where I thought it would be all along, stuck to a bit of the chair underside. It was hiding really well. So now I just need to find the other one. Wonder what it looked like? :)

Love And Joy
Designer: Plum Street Samplers
Fabric: 36ct Tan from Silkweavers
Threads: DMC
Started: sometime in December 2010
Finished: 9 July 2011


6 readers had something to say:

Unknown said...

Hey ther! That is a well stitched ornament at the moment! Trina was stitching hers on our recent retreat. Love it, it is very pretty, Loved your framed pieces too. Haven't stitched on anything SB for ages sadly. Hope all is well with you, winter really setting in here. Rainging quite hard outside, both boys stretched out in front of the fire.

Cathy Lloyd said...

Whoa girl! You actually stitched AND updated your blog! It's a day of celebration for sure! Cute ornie by the way!

Amanda said...

yeah!! Congrats on stitching again, finishing something and posting to here too, lol!!! So nice to see a post from you.

velosews said...

Congratulations on finishing this. That's a huge accomplishment.

Anonymous said...

Great ornie finish - this one never appealed to me on paper, but seeing it stitched up is making me rethink it again ... hmmm ... congrats on finding that dratted magnet too, that's classic!!! :D

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Very cute! Congratulations on your finish!