Friday, December 29, 2006

My last 2 ornaments for 2006

These will be my last stitched ornaments for 2006. The first one is All Hearts Come Home by Hillside Samplings. I've had the chart in my stash for a while...no idea when or where I bought it! It's got lots of over 1 in it and it took ages to do but I'm happy to show the finished item.



The second one is We Wreath You a Merry Christmas by Water's Edge from the 2006 JCS ornament edition. I had great trouble with this one! I used an opalescent evenweave and, not being used to evenweave, had trouble finding the holes. They're so small! So some of my leaves are bigger than they should be. LOL. Oh & I think the bow looks like a moustache.

5 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Lovely ornies Alison. I just wanted to say, the holes in evenweave itself aren't usually a problem, but the opalescent evenweave has sort of 'split' threads, which does make the holes difficult to figure out. Opalescent Cashel is much nicer.

Anonymous said...

They are gorgeous, Alison. Love the sparkly fabric and agree with Melanie - it is not fun to work with and you have to be careful where you bring up the needle.

Anonymous said...

They are both gorgeous!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Lovely ornies Alison, you have made a lovely job of them as always.

Well done on your finishes.

Anonymous said...

They're both cute ornaments, Alison! I'm surprised I haven't seen the Hillside Samplings one before - I'm a big fan of her designs.

Happy New Year! I saw the pictures of the fireworks display on Sydney Harbour. Do you ever go do to the Harbour to see them live?