Friday, February 20, 2009

Thanks everyone

I wanted to thank you all for your comments and advice on the Qsnap thing. I've decided to get the 8x8 ones at this stage but am  holding off at the moment cos I don't know if my LNS has them (& don't want to have a wasted trip) and I don't want to do an order for just them from Elegant Stitch. So my mantelpiece is in a holding pattern right now while I work out what to do. Of course, I could just ring the LNS. Good idea!

Here's an updated pic of the mantel though. You can see in the second close-up pic how the Flair is slightly pulling the linen. I've also just realised that I won't be able to iron it either. Crap. Anyway, the Qsnaps should be fine as this design is only 8" at it's highest point so I could just have them snapped at the top & bottom if that will work. I shall play with them once they're in my hot little hands. But this hoop business has certainly slowed down my stitching!

2 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Janine usually has them if the CG hasn't got any (no need to go all the way to the USA!)

Your stitching is looking lovely as usual!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Good luck with the qsnaps - I always stitch with a 6" hoop, bit recently bought qsnaps for my Shores piece - I'm still getting used to them, so I switch between them and the hoop.

Have a good weekend!