I finally got back to this piece after being side-tracked by my SB phase. I got quite a bit done over the Easter break so here are the latest pics.
(I'm not sure what that shadow is down the left side).
Here's a close-up of the horse and sleigh which is what I worked on over Easter. The horse is done using RG Alpaca thread with a half cross stitch. There will be magnifica beads in the patterned area on the sleigh....I haven't put them in yet as it will probably hinder the use of my Qsnaps. The tree next to the house will be decorated. It's going to have wonderful tinsel using RG Precious Metals in gold and the baubles are Swarovski crystals. This, of course, will all happen at the end. Personally, I can't wait to see it sparkle! I'm now about two thirds through the first part of the whole thing.
Finally, a parting shot. On Thursday, DD had a hair cut & got her first ever foils. So here she is...cut, coloured and without braces on her teeth!


12 readers had something to say:
Very nice WIP! And your daughter is beautiful -- what a nice smile!
Great progress, Alison.
Your daughter is lovely - she's really growing up fast, isn't she?
Your mantle is going to look fabulous Alison! Love your progress.
Your DD is looking lovely - like the foils!
The mantle piece is coming along nicely and can't wait to see it finished and sparkling. DD is looking great, very grown up.
Looking good Alison!!! Catherine's new hair do looks great!!
Alison - Your mantle piece is coming along nicely. Fun to use different fiber and beads. And Catherine is DARLING!! Always fun to get hair done and braces OFF!! Hugs
Your WIP is looking awesome - can't wait to see it in real life, as I'm sure it's even more gorgeous than it is on the screen. Catherine looks fantastic with her new "do" :D
It looks great! Very interesting design!
This is such a nice WIP. I love all the details on it.
I'm trying to get caught up on my blogs. Your WIP is coming along nicely.
Catherine looks awesome! Please tell her I said hello. :)
Great stitching, it'll lovely with all the sparklies.
Lovely photo of your daughter :)
The Christmas mantle village is coming along great! And congrats to your daughter too.
Post a Comment