Sunday, June 14, 2009

Yesterday I went to the Quilt & Craft Fair here in Sydney with my cross-stitch friends Anne, Row, Karen & Amanda. I got a bit of stash for both myself and my mother. Mother is on a roll at the moment. She is in love with LHN charts & has stitched quite a few. So my mission was to buy anything I saw that I thought she would like. I love spending someone else's money LOL. Here's a pic of the stash.




We also went to the Lindt cafe. This is becoming a bit of a tradition for us...I even broke my diet for a piece of choc cake & a Lindt hot choccy. Get yourself ready for some pics cos here they are.


Amanda's chocolate brownie.


Anne's rather rude looking white chocolate eclair.


Karen's orange cake


My pot of melted chocolate for the hot chocolate


Last but not least, my cake which was called Celebration of Chocolate. Milk choc mousse layered between dark chocolate cake with dark chocolate icing. Yum! I almost couldn't eat it all. :) I didn't have any dinner when I got home either.
Oh & a stitching update....I've almost finished Finch Song so stay tuned for a pic. I'm not sure how long it will take; I only have to stitch the bottom line of words and finish off the hill.

9 readers had something to say:

Jane said...

Those cakes are to die for!!! The one you chose Alison, looks like what I'd go for. :) Yum alright. Must be heavenly to go to this cafe?

It's lovely that your Mum enjoys cross stitching too, as does mine. Just keep getting those LHN patterns for her and she can't go wrong. Love them!

Will watch out for your Finch finish. I'm sure you'll have it completed soon enough.

Margaret said...

Oh, looks sooooo luscious! Both the desserts and the stash! lol! I can't wait to see your Finch Song finish. I just love that piece!

Anonymous said...

Have to admit I didn't have any dinner either ... and can't say I ate much yesterday too haha. It was a great day out, thanks - when our little group gets together, you can always guarantee a good laugh and good company :D

Melissa said...

Wow, those are some very decadent and tasty looking desserts! They definitely look like they are worth breaking one's diet.

Nice stash haul! I love LHN designs, too. Perhaps that's why I got along with your mum so much. ;)

Deb said...

Love all your stash, but all that chocolate....oh my gosh. It all looks wonderful (even the rude white chocolate eclair). Ymmmmm!

Melissa said...

Oh, it's so cruel to show such delicious treats! They look so yummy and what a nice way for friends to share a fun time.

Nice stash...for your Mom, although we know Moms love to share! :-)

Brigitte said...

Oh my ..... such deliciously looking cakes .... I start drooling over these pictures .... and there's no chocolate in the house .... help!!!!

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Nice stash haul for your mum, Alison!

All the desserts are yummy!

Sweet Sue said...

Hi:) That orange cake, me want some~LOL! Very nice blog, back to looky some more.

http://stitchinsweetsue.blogspot.com/