Saturday, January 2, 2010

2009 - A year in review

I was reading Susimac's blog where she has invited us all to participate in her New Year's party and do a review of the year. So here is mine. I managed to get 23 finishes in this year. Of these, 5 were scissor fobs, 10 were Christmas ornaments, 6 were Shepherd's Bush shop exclusives (which includes 2 fobs) and 14 were Shepherd's Bush. By far my favourite finish was Finch Song by SB. I just need to get that baby framed. Here's my montage of pics.




As to my goals from last year, I didn't do too badly. 3 out of 5 is pretty good IMHO. (Had I looked at them a little earlier, I could've grabbed Open Heart & Renoir & done a couple of stitches. Then I would've been 100%!)
They were:

  • Stitch on An Open Heart - well this didn't happen AT ALL
  • Stitch SB's 2008 fob - yes!
  • Stitch on the Renoir piece - no
  • Finish SB Finch Song - yes!
  • Start on my BAP mantlepiece project - yes!
So, this years goals? Hmmm.....

  • An Open Heart - I must stitch on this & maybe even finish it??
  • Stitch some more on Earth Gatherers
  • Get another part of the mantle done
  • Enjoy myself.

I think I can manage all that!


12 readers had something to say:

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

All great finishes, Alison! Happy New Year!

Deb said...

23 projects is a great amount to get done! I'd love to have that many. And your goals sound reasonable and obtainable. Good luck with them and Happy New Year!

Jane said...

Happy New Year, Alison!

Thanks for showing us your finishes for 2009. It's nice to look back and see what you've achieved over the year. Finch Song is lovely, I agree.

I'm sure you'll reach your goals for this year with no problem. Happy 2010!

Cari said...

Excellent year Alison!! Hugs and happy stitching in 2010.

Margaret said...

Beautiful finishes! I hope you reach your goals for 2010! Happy New Year!

Melissa said...

Congratulations on all the lovely finishes, Alison! Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

You had some beautiful finishes this year Alison!! Congratulations!

Melissa said...

Lovely finishes, Alison! You have some great goals set for this year.

Brigitte said...

It was great to look at all your finishes. A great idea of Su's. Your goals sound doable, particularly the last one.
Have a great year 2010!

Tammy said...

What awesome finishes-truly an accomplishment to be proud of! Thx for the encouraging words on my blog. I appreciate you stopping in!

Anonymous said...

You have some scrummy finishes in 2009 - and I can't wait to see your stitching in 2010 ... the greatest thing is that I can even get to see them 'first hand' which is even more special! :) All the best for 2010, Alison - may it be filled with all that is wonderful, in every sense of the word! Looking forward to catching up again some time :)

JillMN said...

Alison,
All of your finishes are gorgeous! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving the great comment!
Happy Stitching!