Sunday, January 17, 2010

My first finish of 2010

I started this back in October or November last year but had a problem with the grid on one side. After much unpicking & muttering, I managed to finish the stitching & finish the whole thing properly today. This piece is stitched in memory of my friend June who passed away from breast cancer in Feb 2008. It is almost the 2 year anniversary of her death. I bought the kit from Elegant Stitch and all proceeds go towards breast cancer research.




With All Your Heart
Designer: Blue Ribbon Designs
Fabric: 32ct R&R Awareness Pink
Thread: WDW
Started: Oct 2009
Finished: 17 Jan 2010


Top of cushion



Bottom of cushion



While I was attempting to get a pic I got my helper in the shot.


17 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Alison. Just gorgeous.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri ~ Boog) said...

It is beautiful, Alison. What a lovely tribute to your friend - you'll think of her every time you see it.

Margaret said...

What a lovely tribute to your friend. It's a wonderful piece -- you did a great job. Love your helper too!

Cari said...

Alison, your tribute to June is lovely. Good job girl. :) Hugs

Laura said...

This is so gorgeous! I am sure you thought of your dear friend with every stitch. Beautiful.

Danielle said...

That's gorgeous! Biscornus are my favorite little accessory. Unfortunately most of the ones I've made were for exchanges so I only have one in my own little collection!
Danielle (Peacock's Feather)

Katrina said...

Its a lovely finish Alison :)

Deb said...

What a beautiful biscornu Alison. And such a wonderful tribute to your friend.

Sharon said...

That is beautiful Alison and a lovey tribute to your friend.

Amanda said...

Gorgeous Alison! A perfect tribute to June too! She would have loved it!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Very nice Alison! Congrats on a great finish.

Unknown said...

Great finsh there Alison. Fond memories eh?

And loved your helper too.

Laural said...

Oh my goodness that is beautiful! Congratulations on your finish.

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Congratulations on your finish, Alison! I love this piece (I have it in my stash but haven't stitched it). What a lovely way to honor June.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely gorgeous finish Alison! I bet June's heart is blooming and her face is smiling 'upstairs' at your lovely tribute to her :)

acereta said...

Beautiful biscornu!

El jardín de mis Rosas said...

Está hermoso, te felicito.