Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Yes, it's me

What a year! Almost a complete blow out cross-stitch wise for me but I think I'm slowly making my way back. I've been working on a Christmas ornament but because it's on 36 count, it's been hard going. I should have known this would happen. I don't like higher counts than 32. This should be my mantra! No 36!! To that end, I started a Lizzie Kate piece on 32ct yesterday & I'm very happy stitching away on it. I'm hoping it may even be finished before the end of the year but no pressure, right?


So what have I been doing? Well...sewing basically. I adore sewing. That's clothes sewing. Oh & bag sewing. Love bags! Especially ones in Vera Bradley fabric. I went to my fabric store the other day & found Purple Punch fabric so I had to bring home 2 metres. Mind you, I already had 1.5 yards in my stash! LOL. I look forward to making many many more Vera knock-off pieces.

I'm also planning my next trip to the USA. Amazingly, it's in 8 weeks!!!!! I leave here on Feb 25. 2 friends & myself are going to the Sewing Expo in Puyallup, WA. I'm hoping to meet up with some internet friends too (Hi Michele & Melissa!!). But I'm also going to Salt Lake City (Cathy...wanna meet up at SB???), Modesto via Oakland & Needle in a Haystack and Portland, OR (although....& this is a crackup....one of my friends almost booked her flight to Portland, MAINE!! I told her "wrong coast hun").

5 readers had something to say:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

I'm sorry that you're not going to be heading out to Texas - you'll have to plan that for next time!

Happy New Year!

Jan said...

Sounds like you are going to have quite the trip! Enjoy!

Melissa said...

Yay! Can't wait to see you again!! :)

Gay McDonell said...

Hi Alison - thanks for your comment - sounds like a fab trip - I'll look forward to pics with your 80's dresses on!!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Tell me the day and I'll clear my calendar! It will be nice to see you again!