Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Meeting up with axe murderer friends!

Yes, another post about my trip!


I thought I'd pop in & talk about all the axe murderers I met up with while I was away. First there was Mel. We had arranged to have dinner on our first night in the US but she had to pull out at the last minute due to illness. But we did catch up as I had a present for her & she had something that I'd ordered on-line. Unfortunately, though...I think she passed on to me whatever lurgy she had which I then had for the rest of the trip!

We did catch up at the end as we spent 2 days in Buena Park which is not far from Mel's place. So we did a quick visit to the beach (I wanted to see the water!!), had some dinner, did some shopping & generally hung out. I managed to meet Brandi, Mel's cat and Mel did my friend a huge favour when we discovered she was in the line at the Apple store. Yes, she bought an Ipad 2 for my friend. A very impulsive buy there!




Also on this trip, I managed to finally meet Michele. I've been to Seattle twice & not met her so I messaged her ages ago & we arranged to meet for dinner. I got her a little present of a Starbucks Australian coffee cup and some Tim Tams. We had a great night & it was fabulous to meet her.

4 readers had something to say:

Sharon said...

It was lovely to meet your axe murder friends. Mel was such a gem to get me the iPad 2 and Michele's hand made gift was lovely to receive.

Chocolates4Breakfast (Terri Malinovich) said...

Sounds like you had a grand time (other than getting sick, of course). How great to meet some blogging friendsQ

Deb said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful time. I think that it's wonderful when we can meet up with people we've met through blogging.

Jeanne said...

So glad to read about your trip - love seeing stitchers meeting up from across the miles. I so want to get to Shepherd's Bush and Elegant Stitch someday myself and I'm a lot closer than you are! I need a ROAD TRIP........