Saturday, March 10, 2007

My first Merry Cox finish

I decided to start the finishing yesterday. Well, lucky I did cos it took me ages to do! Some of the instructions were a bit "iffy" and I struggled with them. But finally it's done and finished and I'm very happy.

This is the outside of the bag. I coffee-dyed the ribbon and it came out the most gorgeous honey/golden colour!



This is the insert. I had those scissors in my stash. They're tiny!

13 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Very nice! It came out so cute. Congrats on the finish.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finish! It is wonderful :)

Anonymous said...

Marvellous - you are too clever. I am impressed.

Anonymous said...

Very nice work, Alison. Hope you'll be bringing it with you this week.

Anonymous said...

It's stunning, Alison. Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous, just gorgeous!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, it looks fantastic!!!

Anonymous said...

what a gorgeous piece Alison, and I like the idea of dying the ribbon - never thought to do that before :)

Katrina in NZ

Anonymous said...

Great finish and I love that ribbon. Congrats.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful Alison! Congrats on such a wonderful finish!! :)

Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous Alison - you did a wonderful job!

Anonymous said...

Alison, This is so pretty! Makes me want to make one, too. Love your finishing and the tiny scissors. The little lady would make a great scissors sheath, too, wouldn't she!? Hmmmm
Deb in FL
http://lavenroseramblings.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Oh My GOSH!!! I want to finish mine now!!!!! Love how you coffee dyed the ribbon