Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Parcel from Kath in NZ

The ole parcel man rocked up to the front door this morning with a bloody big box in his hands! Whacko....it was from Kath in NZ. A "thank you" gift for a favour I did for her last month.



Here's what it contained: a gorgeous catch-all for my threads which attaches to a board with a pincushion, another one of those for my mother (nice pansy fabric too!), a yummy choc & some choc covered peanuts, a nail file, a little rhinestone "A" keychain, some fabulous napkins with a very appropriate saying on them and a little parcel for Catherine which hasn't been opened yet as she's at school right now.



Quarantine decided to open all this up for a squizz. I can only assume the wood in the catch-all thingie showed up as organic on their x-ray. They now x-ray all parcels coming into Oz. Anyway, luckily they didn't remove anything & left me a lovely brochure on what NOT to post to Australia. Ummm...I think they're telling the wrong person! When would I be posting something to Australia??? Helloooo??


5 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Nice package! The dozy buggers did the same thing to me - opened a package of fabric and thread (there wasn't even any wood or choccy in mine!) and then left me the same leaflet. I mean...duh!

Anonymous said...

Lovely package-glad everything appears to be in it.

Anonymous said...

What a lovely gift!

Anonymous said...

So, if they left you a leaflet, does that mean that there was some contraband in the package?

Very weird...

Anonymous said...

What an awesome parcel to get!