Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Yuletide is finished

Yep, another happy dance here! I've had quite a good year for finishes and I'm very happy about that. I think it's because I started a journal in 2006 and kept track of all my starts/finishes. 2005 was a bit of a lost year in that regard so this is much more satisfying.



I wanted to thank you all for visiting and your comments. I'm sorry that I haven't been commenting much but I've been having problems leaving comments. The page loads and just when I'm about to type, it re-loads & I lose it all. This happens over and over so sometimes I just give up.



Yuletide has a companion piece which I have mentioned before, Wintertide Sampler. There was one section of Yuletide that had a piece of lace attached but I didn't want to put that on so subbed a row of specialty stitches. So now, of course, the 2 pieces are not the same length. I'm not sure what happened there cos I'm sure the lace wasn't THAT big. The difference is more than 1" so I'm a bit puzzled. Anyway, I'm sure I can fudge it when they're framed so they look similar. Enough rambling..here's the pic

11 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

It's very pretty, Alison. Lovely work!

Anonymous said...

Alison that looks pretty.

Are the fabrics the same count??? That's the only thing I can think of!

Anonymous said...

Magnificent, Alison. :)

Anonymous said...

That looks really nice - I love the colours, I really like a subdued palette.

I'm sure that when framed, everything will work out fine!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your finish!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous Alison! congrats on the finish!

Anonymous said...

Just gorgeous, Alison! It's so pretty!!! Yes, I will be going to SB retreat unless something major happens.....I can't wait to find out the theme for the next one

Anonymous said...

Very pretty finish! congrats.

Anonymous said...

It looks beautiful. I hope you can fix the problem with the framing. I like it without the lace.

Anonymous said...

I have been having problems with blogger comments too. What I have found that works is this....I press the 'stop' button on teh internet explorer toolbar to stop teh page from loading and relaoding, write my comment and press submit and that seems to work :)

Yuletide looks lovely - I'm still yet to succumb to SB :) Even though some care calling me quite insistently :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!So lovery!!

from Japan