Sunday, November 11, 2007

No I haven't left the country

Well, not yet anyway. ;)


There's not much going on here that I can show you. I'm participating in 2 Christmas ornament exchanges & am stitching them right now. However, I can bore you with show you my current WIP, Angel of Winter. This was my mother's but I took pity on her when she told me she couldn't see the holes anymore. She now only works on 28ct but this is blah 32ct Quaker so the holes are much smaller. Of course, there's also a nasty fault in the fabric, smack in the middle. I thought I'd be stitching over that so no big one, right? Oh no, think again...have a look at the pic! It's in the only bloody bit that's not stitched. I have also decided to keep track of the hours stitched. I don't usually do that. So this is her after 7 hours stitching. Geez, it doesn't look much does it?

2 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

It is a shame about the flaw - would it be possible to weave in a section using a thread drawn from the edge, and get rid of the slub?

Anonymous said...

I think the "flaw" looks fine - it's just part of the look of linen. Don't stress about it!