Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Well, I've done it

I've finally updated my template to something pretty. But blimey.....why does blogger make it so hard? I had to upgrade my blog to some new thingie but now I have absolutely no control over the html. It's some other language that I can't work out at all! If someone could tell me how to make my sidebar pics centered, I'll love them forever. Plus I'd like to add my little percentage bar thingies but that would entail adding another pic which would then include that little dotted line between them. Erk.

Frustrated in Sydney.

5 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Great job Alison on changing the look. I got a surprise when I logged on, thinking I may have been on some other blog. Love the butterflies. Can't help you with your layout problem, sorry. I haven't been game enough to change my blog for the same reason. It's hard enough to work out how to add extra items in the information bar. Good luck with it :-)

Anonymous said...

Centering your pics is easy. Go into your dashboard and click on Template for your blog. That will bring up the page with the elements of your blog laid out. Select the element of the picture you want to center and Edit the HTML for that element. Add the center tags (center) and (/center) (Replace ( with <) before and after what you want to center and it should be centered.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful template!

Anonymous said...

Cool GF! Love the purple!

Anonymous said...

Very nice!

HTML can be a bit frustrating sometimes! I was going to answer your centering question, but Jennifer answered it already.

Another tip would be that if you see something that you like on another blog (like centered pics), you can look at their HTML. In IE, you just need to go to "View" then "Source". It has helped me pick up some tips!