Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Apologies for not yet posting pics of my ornament finishing. It's going very slowly. I have developed a new finishing technique and it involves hand-stitching!! Yes, that's right...no glue! However I haven't used it on all my ornaments so some more glueing is needed to be done and then I can post a pic of the lot. Stay tuned!

In the meantime, I can show you this. It's the Charland piece from the SB retreat. It's a heart-shaped box that opens up. I have finished the stitching for the front - just have to do the inside bands. It didn't take long and I'm very happy with it. The original had 'ABC' on it but in a flash of genius, I decided to change it to my initials.

3 readers had something to say:

Unknown said...

You are indeed a genius!! It's lovely Alison.

Can't wait to see your ornaments made up either.

Amanda said...

Gorgeous Alison! Love the colours! Can't wait to see all your ornies too!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Cool GF...you're ahead of me!