Wednesday, November 26, 2008

SBEBB Christmas ornament

I sent this ornament to Jeanne in AZ. I wanted to keep it cos it came out soooo nice! It's finished using my new no-glue technique. Both the stitched piece and the backing fabric have a piece of fusible fleece stuck to them, just outside the stitching line. I then sewed them together along the edge of the fleece leaving an opening for turning. Turn it right side out and slip stitch the edge. A really nice finish....light enough to hang on the tree and no glue to worry about! You do have to make sure that everything is straight though. Then I hand sewed the cording onto the ornament. This cording has one strand of Kreinik #4 in it for a tiny bit of bling. The colour just happens to match the DMC thread perfectly.

Santa from the Santas & Snowmen leaflet
Designer: The Prairie Schooler
Fabric: 32ct Light Mocha linen
Threads: DMC
Hanger: supplied by my friend Amanda

4 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, Alison. I love the little hanger, too!

Amanda said...

Cute ornament Alison! Glad you found a use for the hanger too!

Anonymous said...

Another lovely finish by you!

Cathy Lloyd said...

VERY CUTE Alison! So glad you gave up glue...LOL! J/K!