Saturday, November 29, 2008

Charland piece done!

Remember the front of this that I showed you a couple of weeks ago? Well, it's finished! It certainly wasn't the easiest thing I've ever done and if any of you have this kit from the SB retreat, well...there's a couple of errors in the finishing instructions. Good luck is all I can say! The finishing involved a few swear words and some un-gluing. Have you ever tried to unstuck something that you've used tacky glue on? Luckily I hadn't left it very long as I was eager to finish so the bits came off reasonably easily.

Here is the needlecase all folded and tied:

Here it is open and flat:

This is how it looks when you open it:



Quaker Heart Needle Case
Designer: Charland Designs
Fabric: 25ct Linda dyed by R&R
Threads: Threadgatherer Silk, Caron Wildflowers, DMC
Kit obtained at the SB retreat 2008

13 readers had something to say:

Sue in Australia said...

Looks lovely Alison, I can't see any unglueing. I would love to hear more about the SB retreat. Where was it held ? Did you have fun? When is the next one on? I live in Wollongong and would love to know more about the GTG group too.

Anonymous said...

Sue....I would love to tell you everything but have no way to contact you! Can you email me at ozstitcher@gmail.com? Thanks!!

cathymk said...

Looks fantastic Alison! Good on you for persevering and getting it finished despite the instructions!

Ennii said...

So sweet and creative!

Anonymous said...

What a lovely needle case, you did a fantastic job...You also did a fantastic job on the wonderful ornament that you sent to me...I love it! Thanks so much for all of the goodies, I'll post a photo soon.

Unknown said...

Eeek, unglueing!! Try using a hot hairdryier around the glue to soften it, you can see I have experience in these things!!!

It's a beautiful piece and to personalise it with your initials is a great touch. Beautifully finished, and I can't see any mishaps with this piece.

You are just too clever!

Cari said...

Your piece is LOVELY!! .. obviously you did a good job of 'unglueing". I'll read read read the instructions and do it all in my head before I glue. Anyway -- GREAT JOB!! I love it!! Happy Sittching

Jane said...

It's turned out lovely and you wouldn't even know you had to take some of it apart. Sounds like a bit of a challenge that you've been able to achieve with great results. Well done!

Amanda said...

Congrats Alison! Your needlebook looks great!!

Anonymous said...

That is gorgeous, Alison! I'm so sorry that there were problems with the finishing instructions. What a PIA!

Deanna said...

Beautiful work! Thank you for leaving a comment!

My mother, aunties and grandmothers instilled in me a love for stitching, but I've not had the time to do it in a while! With two little boys under foot, it's been way too long! I am looking forward to embroidering and stitching some fabulous stockings in the next few weeks, though!

You do beautiful work!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Okay! I'm officially jealous...swear words and all!

Congratulations!

Carol R said...

That's grogeous!