I have been thinking about my 2008 goals & to that end, went looking in my stash for a project that I haven't touched for a year or two. It's Lady Sewing from Cross Stitch Collectibles. Can you believe that I can find the chart & threads but no WIP?? Granted I haven't stitched much on it but I remember rolling it up & now it's missing. I'm sure I'll find it eventually.
However, here's the thing. I want to re-start it! I'm considering doing it over 1 a la HAED. I think it will look nicer but do I really want to go there??? I just hope it turns out as nice as my Luncheon of the Boating Party which was my first ever attempt on linen back in 1990. Ack..talk about pick the biggest thing to try first! Here's what it looks like. It's not a very good photo cos it's old...taken on real film & scanned many moon ago!
kit by Lanarte
Threads: DMC & some unknown metallic thread
Stitched between September 1990 & August 1991


3 readers had something to say:
Your work is gorgeous! Hope you find the missing WIP soon.
Oh boy Alison... hmmm I think I'll have to leave that fairy's head to the very end! LOL!
Good luck with your over one!!
I hope you and your family had a lovely Christmas!
Post a Comment