Friday, August 1, 2008

Home of a Needleworker finally finished

I finally put the last stitches in this tonight. I'm not sure why it took me so long to finish. Well, actually I am. It was the linen. I was given this hand-dyed (probably R&R) by Margaret at the Crewel Gobelin for nothing because it had a faded line where it had been folded & she couldn't sell it. So I brewed up a coffee/tea solution, got a pastry brush & painted along the line. Well, that didn't work so I rinsed the whole thing. That did the trick but it made the linen so limp, it wasn't very nice to work with. So that's the sorry saga. However, I'm happy I perservered cos I do like the design. Now I can concentrate on the three exchanges I need to finish before I head off to the USA on Sept 15.



Home of a Needleworker
Designer: Little House Needleworks
Fabric: Unknown hand-dyed 32ct linen
Thread: DMC
Started: 28 March 2008
Finished: 1 August 2008

11 readers had something to say:

Anonymous said...

Very pretty! Congrats on the finish.

Anonymous said...

Great finish Alison!! Congratulations!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the finish. You did a great job with it.

Anonymous said...

I've got this one in my stash. It's a great design and you've done so well with it, even with the fabric problems. Congrats on another finish!

You must be getting excited about heading to the US? I'm leaving a couple of days ahead of you for two weeks in the Cook Islands. Can't wait!!!

I've had a thought - just when your Burmese was getting 'back to normal' after your trip to Norfolk, now you're heading off again. How will it cope? Therapy may be needed this time lol:)

Anonymous said...

Looks great, Alison! I'm glad you perservered also

Anonymous said...

Great job, Alison - I'm sorry that the linen gave you so much trouble, though.

I really wish that I was able to meet you during your USA visit this year. Maybe next time?

Anonymous said...

Love it! One of my most favorite stitches! You could probably press it with a bit of starch to get the sizing back in it...unless you used overdyes...then don't bother...just get it framed! I love mine hanging in my house!

Anonymous said...

Great finish! Congrats!

Anonymous said...

It's a beautiful finish, congratulations!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! Glad you finished, I love it! Thanks for your encouraging comments on my blog :)

Anonymous said...

Really cute Alison. I still have this design in my stash to do - I think I'll be the last one stitching it! Congrats!