Wednesday, December 31, 2008

My last finishes for 2008

I had a little finishing session this morning/afternoon and here are the results. First up, is the Blackbird Designs' piece from the SB retreat. We painted and waxed the box at the retreat but did no stitching. I've been working on the stitching since the beginning of December and after a bit of frogging, finished it up yesterday. The lining of the box and mounting the stitching was dead easy!







My other finished piece is the Shared Stitches piece, also from the retreat. Usually the Shared Stitches has designs by all the teachers but this one doesn't. So it's designed by SB and finishing is by Merry Cox. Quite easy to finish and I just love the way the ribbon has come out.





6 readers had something to say:

Jane said...

Great finishes, Alison. I love them both! You've really done well with the ribbon finish on the shared stitches piece. You must be getting the hang of it. :)

It's 2009 now and I'm staying up until I don't know when. Too many interesting blogs to look at! Happy New Year!!!

Unknown said...

Happy New Year Alison.

Love your finishes, they look really nice and to get your retreat pieces finished is great.

cathymk said...

They are both fabulous! Happy new year!

Cathy Lloyd said...

Jealous here! Love them both. You did a beautiful job! Have a very Happy New Year! We still have 3 hours before 2009!

Anonymous said...

I love that Shared Stitches piece, Alison!

The box is adorable, too!

Nicole said...

Beautiful finishes Alison!! Happy New Year! :)