Here's another finish for you all. It's the 2008 scissor fob which I actually did start in 2008...I just didn't finish it until this week. There was supposed to be ribbon attached to the outside of this but the stuff that came in my kit was pink and didn't match the fob *at all*. So I changed it to a twisted cording. I just happened to have the correct colour in my stash. How lucky is that??
2008 Scissor Fob
Shepherd's Bush
Fabric: 32ct Peach Whisper linen
Thread: DMC
Started: not sure..sometime in November
Finished: 29th March 2009
I don't think I've mentioned this before but I started Weight Watchers back in January. So far, I've lost 4.5 kg. I've done WW many times before but this time is different. I seem to have my head in a different place & everything seems to be clicking. So I'll post a pic when I'm thin LOL. In the last 2 weeks, I've started walking. This is a big change for me...I never do any exercise (haven't you ever noticed that most stitchers are fat??? LOL). Anyway, this morning, I cracked the 4.8 km p/hour mark and I'm very happy with that! I'm not sure I can see any results on my body but I can certainly see how I've improved my fitness. I use http://www.mapmyrun.com/ to track my walks...it shows me how far I've walked and the speed plus kilojoules burned. I love it!


14 readers had something to say:
Your SB fob is so cute! Great job. Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the great job!
Love the fob Alison! Way to go on the weight loss too!!
Great scissor fob finish! I need to do mine sometime. :D Congrats also on the weight loss. I've been trying to lose weight too, but I don't know how successful I am.
Alison, You did very well with the scissor fob. Love the cord too!! And yes, most stitchers do have a big behind!! I'm so glad you're walking --- way to go!! I should start myself.
Lovely fob and finish, Alison! Congrats also on the weight loss. I'm sure you'll stick to it!
This SB fob is very nice!
Lovely finish!!!
The fob turned out so cute, Alison! WTG on your weight loss & walking. I need to get my head back in the game as well. I guess just watching our version of Biggest Loser here and streaming the Australian version as well doesn't count, huh? LOL
Gorgeous fob Alison. I am so happy for you with your weight loss efforts. Keep up the great work.
Love your SB fob Alison. It's so sweet.
Congratulations on the weight loss. I really need to loose some weight and get exerciisng again but finding it hard to exercise as I rarely feel well enough!
Congrats on the finish and the WW, especially the walking!
Way to go on the weight loss and exercise - I hope to join you on your quest when I get home :) Your fob is gorgeous too - shame about the ribbon, but the cording looks perfect! :D I'd be semi-tempted about the SB Retreat next year, except I'm not a 'huge' SB fan ... hmmm ...
Congratulations on the weight loss, Alison! That's awesome!
Your fob looks wonderful!
Such a lovely fob! Beautifully stitched and finished!
So very cute. I love all of your wips in your sidebar too. Thanks for joining the SB blog, I sent you an invitation, all you have to do is accept.
Post a Comment