Sunday, March 1, 2009

Another one down

Here's the second of my SB shop exclusives. This one is stitched on Country Mocha linen which is gorgeous, soft and easy to stitch with. The other piece was done on Lambswool which was stiff, scratchy & not to my liking. Amazing how the linen can make such a difference to how you feel about something.

It's very appropriate that I post this pic today as it's the first day of Autumn. Not that you can tell LOL as it's still warm (not hot) and none of the leaves have started to turn. But it has been cooling down in the evening so that's nice.

Autumn Harvest
Designer: Shepherd's Bush
Fabric: 32ct Country Mocha linen
Threads: AVAS & Silk Mori

11 readers had something to say:

Susan @ Real Girl Designs said...

Congratulations on your second SB finish, Alison.

Yay for the first day of autumn! I can't wait until the first day of spring around here - we've got to wait 3 more weeks for that, though :(

Toria said...

Looks nice, I love the colours in this one.

Margaret said...

Wonderful, Alison! I love SB! That was fast too!

Cari said...

Way to go Alison!! Keep stitchin' HUGS - Cari

Jane said...

Terrific, Alison! Another quickie out the way. Love it!!

Cindy said...

Congratulations on your finish! I just love those little SB shop exclusives :)

Cathy Lloyd said...

Congrats Alison! That is one of my favorite shop exclusives... although it's hard to imagine it being autumn anywhere even though you're ready for some heat relief! Enjoy!

Sally said...

Another lovely SB finish Alison. I'm going to start another needleroll tonight!

Ranae said...

Love the SB finishes.

Amanda said...

Gorgeous as always Alison!

Anonymous said...

Lovely finish! The fabric definitely makes the piece. I've used lambswool before, too. It's definitely not my preference.