I finished this scissor pocket a week or so ago but haven't had the chance to post a pic what with all the ornament exchanging that's been going on! I never considered this design until I saw it on Adana's blog stitched in pink. So that was my plan. However, when I pulled out the perfect piece of pink hand-dyed fabric that I had, it was too small. So my search for an alternative made it purple.
And the inside
Designer: The Cats Whiskers
Fabric: 32ct Lilac linen
Thread: Weeks Dye Works Iris
And here for your amusement/information/edification is the annual pic of our Christmas tree for this year. It's been very humid for the past few days in Sydney & I was sweating like a mad woman after decorating it. The temp here hasn't been much over 30C and I can deal with the heat..it's the dratted humidity that does me in every time. It was 75% yesterday. Ergh.


11 readers had something to say:
Alison, I love the scissor pocket. I just got this pattern recently and was planning on changing the colors too. I love the lavender! Your tree is beautiful! I bet it looks so great with all your handmade ornaments. Don't worry we're almost as hot down here in FL! I keep telling myself that I can't believe I have my AC on in December! :)
Love the scissor pocket, it's so pretty. Your tree is gorgeous too. Stay cool :-). We have had snow all weekend and are getting more tonight.
Beautiful scissor pocket! I love the color and your tree looks great.
I've stitched this a couple of times in pink - I like yours!
The scissor pocket is very pretty. I love the color. Well, you could have ice and no electricity like we're having in OK! Wanna trade? Hehe
Alison your scissor pocket is beautiful!
The scissor pockest is gorgeous, Alison! As is your Christmas tree. I don't envy you the weather :o(
What a lovely scissor pocket, it's beautiful! I love your tree too :)
Very beautiful Alison!!
GF...you have been a busy bee! You have a TON of finishes! FUN FUN FUN! Cathy UT
Your scissors pocket is beautiful. I just love the colours. I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Stitching Year 2008!
Post a Comment